Sign in to follow this  
dutchcountry7

Schedules

Though, it looks like the West Regional merger did not include a dual schedule

It wasn't designed to. The qualifier was the primary reason. Schools are certainly free to schedule each other as they see fit, but currently there's no mandate. I don't believe that those matchups would be considered as "conference" duals anyway, but it's moot because the Big 12 doesn't have regular-season (dual) standings or champion.

It wasn't designed to. The qualifier was the primary reason. Schools are certainly free to schedule each other as they see fit, but currently there's no mandate. I don't believe that those matchups would be considered as "conference" duals anyway, but it's moot because the Big 12 doesn't have regular-season (dual) standings or champion.

Which only serves the Big 12 schools. Without having conference duals it did nothing for the West Region teams. Now they lose their auto bid (or at least have to share it with power conference teams) and don't even get the guarantee of hosting these teams in their own gym to help build their brand.

Great move for the Big 12 but not a great move for the West Regional teams.

Having Iowa and then Minn in 2 of your first 3 meets is intense for Oklahoma St. Their team this year looks amazing on paper, but they will really need to show up to win both of those right at the beginning of the season.

If they do, they will be ranked #1 I think.

This is probably going to be the worst Minnesota team since the 2008-2009 squad that had graduated six starters from the previous year (Reiter, Rivera, C.P. Schlatter, Dretsch, Kish, and Bronson). Wouldn't exactly call it that intense.

As far as Oklahoma State being ranked #1, they may need to win the Southern Scuffle for that to happen, and five-time defending champions (four consecutive) Penn State stand in their way in that regard.

This is probably going to be the worst Minnesota team since the 2008-2009 squad that had graduated six starters from the previous year (Reiter, Rivera, C.P. Schlatter, Dretsch, Kish, and Bronson). Wouldn't exactly call it that intense.

As far as Oklahoma State being ranked #1, they may need to win the Southern Scuffle for that to happen, and five-time defending champions (four consecutive) Penn State stand in their way in that regard.

The Scuffle's gonna be so bawse. Penn State, Okie State, Michigan & Cornell are gonna grind fools.

I think Iowa can beat Oklahoma State this year. Not that they definitely will, but they certainly could. I agree with SHP about Minnesota. I don't give the Gophers much chance to beat Ok. State. Cowboys are loaded to the gills and Minnesota lost way too much. 

I think Iowa can beat Oklahoma State this year. Not that they definitely will, but they certainly could. I agree with SHP about Minnesota. I don't give the Gophers much chance to beat Ok. State. Cowboys are loaded to the gills and Minnesota lost way too much. 

Agreed. I've got it:

125: Gilman DEC Klimara; 3-0 Hawks

133: Clark MD Kaid Brock; 7-0 Hawks

141: Dean Heil DEC Topher Carton; 7-3 Hawks

149: Sorensen DEC Collica; 10-3 Hawks

157: Marsteller DEC Grothus; 10-6 Hawks

165: Dieringer TF Paddock; 10-11 Pokes

174: Meyer DEC Crutchmer or Rogers; 13-11 Hawks

184: Brooks DEC Boyd; 16-11 Hawks

197: Burak DEC Schafer; 19-11 Hawks

HTW: Marsden DEC Stoll; 19-14 Hawks

Hawks win 6, Pokes 4, with Klimara & Boyd best chances for switcheroos. And probably only 165 as real blowout likelihood.

Agreed. I've got it:

125: Gilman DEC Klimara; 3-0 Hawks

133: Clark MD Kaid Brock; 7-0 Hawks

141: Dean Heil DEC Topher Carton; 7-3 Hawks

149: Sorensen DEC Collica; 10-3 Hawks

157: Marsteller DEC Grothus; 10-6 Hawks

165: Dieringer TF Paddock; 10-11 Pokes

174: Meyer DEC Crutchmer or Rogers; 13-11 Hawks

184: Brooks DEC Boyd; 16-11 Hawks

197: Burak DEC Schafer; 19-11 Hawks

HTW: Marsden DEC Stoll; 19-14 Hawks

Hawks win 6, Pokes 4, with Klimara & Boyd best chances for switcheroos. And probably only 165 as real blowout likelihood.

You have Iowa winning both 149 and 174, which is entirely possible. I do think those weights could go either way, though. 

I would consider 149 a toss up since Collica just beat Sorenson(freestyle). 

Yeah, Collica's certainly gathered a decent share of favorable punditry with his expected drop down this year. But Sorenson's heavy top game renders his freestyle results more moot than many when comparing to folk.

You have Iowa winning both 149 and 174, which is entirely possible. I do think those weights could go either way, though. 

Maybe on 149 (although I'm record otherwise), but I agree that 174 could def be a tossup. I'm still super curious to see what John Smith eventually ends up trotting out at 174-197. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to see any of Crutchmer, Chandler Rogers, Boyd OR Schafer on the bench. Even with Boyd & Schafer staying put at 84/97, I wouldn't be surprised to see returning AA Crutchmer benched after losing mat-room battles to Rogers. I'm prepared for this to be easily refuted by those in the Stilly know, but I did choose my wording carefully: I wouldn't be surprised.

George Mason schedule (not sure if this was already posted, I just saw on masonwrestling blog via FB)

Nov 21 @ Navy Classic 9am
Nov 29 @ Grapple at the Garden – Rutgers 10am
Dec 13 CLARION, Noon, GRAND CANYON 3pm (GCU v NCST 1030am, Clarion and GCU 130pm)
Dec 21 DAVIDSON 7pm
Dec 29 @ LHU Tournament – 930am
Jan 3 VA TECH 2pm
Jan 8-9 @ VA Duals (times and teams TBA)
Jan 16 @Cleveland State (noon) and @ Edinboro 7pm
Jan 22 LOCK HAVEN 7pm
Jan 30 @SHU 730pm
Jan 31 @ Rider 11am
Feb 3 @ Navy 7pm
Feb 6 BLOOMSBURG 2pm
Feb 13 F&M 1pm and Bucknell 300pm
Feb 14 @Maryland 7pm
Feb 18 VMI 7pm
Feb 21 AMERICAN 2pm
March 5 EWL @ Lock Haven 10am
March 17-19 NCAA @ NY, NY (MSG)