Sign in to follow this  
AnklePicker

Way to beat Dake

Take a page out of delfino's book and just let him straight slam you on a mat return for an illegal slam point. It seems he's trying to let people know they better not stand up with his high arching mat returns and you know darn well you are not getting out, so why try, just get slammed.

Guest Hammerlock3

it's a good topic, despite the fact that he doesn't amuse the dum-dums, Dake has one of the most bullet proof styles going. I remember J Robinson saying at OSU the philosophy was, if you can't take me down and can't ride me you will lose. Dake can't be taken down, ridden, and you can't get away.

The only way to beat Dake's style is to attack, attack, attack!

You can't beat Dake at his on game, by controlling the pace and looking for openings, he is too good..there will be no openings. You have to be phenomenal on your feet and continuously attack and push the pace for the td, get him off balance and make your own openings. One of 2 positive outcomes will happen:

1) You get the td, and go from there

2) You don't get the td but build up stalling and Dake is forced to open his style more and/or get hit for stalling.

Now these are the positive outcomes only. Obviously he could not get hit with stalling, counter and take you down, etc. But that's the risk that must be taken. To me, this seems like the only way to beat Dake.

And there seems to be only one person with the style and skillset to accomplish this ;)

I love reading the taylor brigade talking about opening the throttle on Dake.

We'll see what happens. :D

I was speaking generally about Dake's style. Stating the only foreseeable way to defeat it. At no point did I say "Taylor will open Dake up and destroy him" , or even make a specific prediction about him doing so. Stop trolling.

The only hint I made towards Taylor was the last part, obviously. Is there another way to beat Dake that you see? Then mention it. Otherwise I'll say again, stop trolling.

Taylor says he'll force the stalling issue on Dake and the refs.

It's almost like he forgot what happened at the Olympic Trials when he wrestled that way.

Because he has to worry about giving up points the same way in folk as he does in free, right? These arguments are getting more and more tired, give it up already. The freestyle result doesn't compare to their folkstyle matchup, the scoring and approach is so drastically different, as ive been saying for months, and that has been more than validated by their first folkstyle match (which was decided by the thinnest of margins, lets not forget). Again, stop trolling.

If you are coaching Taylor after that match what would you say? Of course next time he needs to open up and attack more. It is no secret that Dake is defensive and controls the pace...so open it up. Take him down or force stalling on him...its basic strategy that any coach would implement.

It's almost like he forgot what happened at the Olympic Trials when he wrestled that way.

Because he has to worry about giving up points the same way in folk as he does in free, right? These arguments are getting more and more tired, give it up already. The freestyle result doesn't compare to their folkstyle matchup, the scoring and approach is so drastically different, as ive been saying for months, and that has been more than validated by their first folkstyle match (which was decided by the thinnest of margins, lets not forget). Again, stop trolling.

If you are coaching Taylor after that match what would you say? Of course next time he needs to open up and attack more. It is no secret that Dake is defensive and controls the pace...so open it up. Take him down or force stalling on him...its basic strategy that any coach would implement.

I'd tell him to stop pandering to his moron fanbase online with cries of stalling, and show a little humility and respect in loss.

I'd tell him to let his wrestling do the talking. Because if it doesn't work out on the mat, it really boxes his brand more tightly in the corner.

I'd tell him to stop pandering to his moron fanbase online with cries of stalling, and show a little humility and respect in loss.

I'd tell him to let his wrestling do the talking. Because if it doesn't work out on the mat, it really boxes his brand more tightly in the corner.

You're an idiot. Taylor is as humble as can be in his losses, and is nothing but respectful to Dake in any kind of public forum. If you think he is reacting to and/or cares what is said online by his "fanbase", you are more than an idiot, you're an imbecile.

Wow. Way to completely devolve into ad hominem attack.

Taylor said he was going to force the stalling issue with the refs. He's the one who slowed the action down at Allstar after the freestyle tilt-a-whirl he attempted at the Trials.

Humble doesn't describe complaining in interview.

Wow. Way to completely devolve into ad hominem attack.

Taylor said he was going to force the stalling issue with the refs. He's the one who slowed the action down at Allstar after the freestyle tilt-a-whirl he attempted at the Trials.

Humble doesn't describe complaining in interview.

I know what I am doing while talking to you after all our previous encounters. Your arguments are mostly nonsensical (while they may appear logical), and always biased against Taylor (for example when you went on for weeks about how Dake deserved the Hodge over Taylor, when Taylor had him beat in almost all criteria, and Dake was not even in 2nd place).

Saying you have to force the stalling issue with the refs vs. Kyle Dake is not complaining, it is smart. In the same way that Dake's style is not in itself stalling, it is smart (which im certain you'd agree with)

Guest Hammerlock3
You need an athletic wrestler to counteract Dake's skills. Taylor is a great wrestler but not a great athlete.

what an idiotic post

Persistent attack causing a stall warning against Dake in the way that Taylor did is an option. "IF" a stall point was awarded to Taylor it would have changed the dynamics of the match completely. The key is to get ahead by even a mere point. This will require Dake to leave his defense and open up with attacks of his own, creating opportunities for talented wrestlers like Taylor.

Persistent attack causing a stall warning against Dake in the way that Taylor did is an option. "IF" a stall point was awarded to Taylor it would have changed the dynamics of the match completely. The key is to get ahead by even a mere point. This will require Dake to leave his defense and open up with attacks of his own, creating opportunities for talented wrestlers like Taylor.

I see all opportunity for a talented wrestler like Dake if DT chooses to wrestle him like he did at the Olympic Trials.

Bingo. Dake backed up the entire match against Taylor yet drew only a late stall warning. It's up to Taylor and Cael to force the warning no later than the second period. In fact, Cael should complain to the referee before the match starts. Dake has two chinks in the armor: he backs up way too much (contrast to Varner who could be very defensive but he never gave ground) and he gasses in the third period. Taylor needs to wrestle Dake like Mark Ironside would, not like Cael. It will work.

I see all opportunity for a talented wrestler like Dake if DT chooses to wrestle him like he did at the Olympic Trials.

Why is it that you repeat this ridiculous argument and again bring up the freestyle match, when it has already been addressed and shown to be ridiculous? I even addressed it directly to you earlier in this thread! (which you chose to ignore...so you could bring it up again a few posts later?)

I see two losses and countless excuses.

What more is there to discuss ahead of the scuffle?

How about addressing some of the ridiculous claims you make? Why not stick just to this thread for brevity...

You said

-Taylor is pandering to his fanbase - nonsense, what in the world are you basing this on?

-Taylor need to be humble and show respect - nonsense, he has never done anything but, after a loss

and the big one is

-You continue to bring up the freestyle result, as if it means anything at all. Obviously the styles are completely different, specifically when discussing Dake v. Taylor, this has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt. Yet you continue to mention it in each and every comment you post. Let it go, and stick to reality. Taylor and Dake are seperated by a hair right now. Each meeting is as much of a toss-up as there can ever really be. To say otherwise is ridiculous...and to say otherwise then attempt to use their freestyle result is beyond ridiculous.

Finally, nobody in this thread, specifically me, has made a single "excuse". The discussion is how to beat Dake, period. Stop creating straw men and address the actual arguments being presented, please.