HokieHWT

Dieringer stomps Davis

id imagine caldwell still has a big brother effect on dieringer to a certain extent, but the gap is certainly not what it was once.

few fantasy matchups:

ringer vs taylor

ringer vs dake

ringer vs hendricks

ringer vs askren

ringer vs howe

ringer vs perry x2 (similar to the question proposed about caldwell)

Edited by lurshy92

1 guy Rosie?  Only one undefeated 4 timer compared to Cael?  I thought you told us there were guys, as in plural.  

Cletus = suzie, I'm not sure if your disability is with simple arithmetic or reading comprehension. Let me help you out.  "Pleural" refers to anything greater than 1. 1+1 = 2, not 1+1 = 1. And the original statement wasn't limited to a comparison to Cael, but also included "or...."  

So, go back and read the original post and if you're still having problems, you might want to try an adult ed class.

Years ago Jody Strittmater moved up to D1 and made the finals and lost to Abas I believe and also finished 3rd. Not a bad run.

Steve Fittery was a 2x D2 runner up then was a 2x D1 AA.  How many others can be named that have done this?

Cletus = suzie, I'm not sure if your disability is with simple arithmetic or reading comprehension. Let me help you out.  "Pleural" refers to anything greater than 1. 1+1 = 2, not 1+1 = 1. And the original statement wasn't limited to a comparison to Cael, but also included "or...."  

So, go back and read the original post and if you're still having problems, you might want to try an adult ed class.

Rosie,

please forgive me.   English is my 2nd language and occasionally I do struggle with reading comprehension, particularly when the writer is so challenged with proper spelling.   Pleural, Rosie?  Please tell me your 10 year old is posting for you.  

Rosie, I went back and reread your post.   This is what you wrote:

"My only gripe would be when people start talking about guys who've gone thru their careers at, say d2, winning 4 titles and not losing a match, like they are the equivalent of Cael..."

Rosie from the above I take that to be "pleural"  You named Marcus but no one else.   Will you list the other undefeated D2, 4 time national champions who you are talking about there?  The ones who have accomplished the honor and who you've been hearing about  compered to Cael.   Just name the ones who you've been hearing about.   

Have your 10 year old post the answers for you if you are not able to slide that big fat gut of yours under the desk in order to post comfortably.   

Rosie,

please forgive me. English is my 2nd language and occasionally I do struggle with reading comprehension, particularly when the writer is so challenged with proper spelling. Pleural, Rosie? Please tell me your 10 year old is posting for you.

Rosie, I went back and reread your post. This is what you wrote:

"My only gripe would be when people start talking about guys who've gone thru their careers at, say d2, winning 4 titles and not losing a match, like they are the equivalent of Cael..."

Rosie from the above I take that to be "pleural" You named Marcus but no one else. Will you list the other undefeated D2, 4 time national champions who you are talking about there? The ones who have accomplished the honor and who you've been hearing about compered to Cael. Just name the ones who you've been hearing about.

Have your 10 year old post the answers for you if you are not able to slide that big fat gut of yours under the desk in order to post comfortably.

Cletus, I like you... But you're like an attorney who just got completely outmatched but is trying to win on a technicality. The jury is not buying it. :-)

Not too long ago D2 and D3 guys who placed high got to wrestle in the D1 tournament. At least a few won it Carlton Haselrig and a guy from a small school in NJ (Montclair State or Trenton). I am sure there were others.

Not too long ago D2 and D3 guys who placed high got to wrestle in the D1 tournament. At least a few won it Carlton Haselrig and a guy from a small school in NJ (Montclair State or Trenton). I am sure there were others.

Yeah... Martucci.. He was Bloomsburg's coach for a while.

Steve Fittery was a 2x D2 runner up then was a 2x D1 AA. How many others can be named that have done this?

For years CalB-Bakersfield put people in the D1 tourney with several winning and AA'ing. Neb-Omaha also had a few. Haselrig is the only NCAA competitor with 6 individual titles in any sport. I don't think he wrestled as a freshman or he would be in the conversation as the best college wrestler ever. Probably should be anyway.

Edited by Bloate

Rosie,

please forgive me.   English is my 2nd language and occasionally I do struggle with reading comprehension,  

Cletus=suzie, did you forget you said the following on the "Does California produce the most talented thread"?

Cletus May 28: >

Strange....you are from PA, worked there as a kid, wrestled there in school, and now you tell us English is your second language, and you don't read so well.

And on the Mark Hall thread, you said you are taking courses at Harvard.

Cletus May 15: Today I'm working on that Harvard education through online correspondence courses for my professional graduate certificate. >> 

You need to keep better track of your fake personas, suzie=cletus. LOL!!

Sorry.  I should have said after D2 and D3 were allowed to qualify. 

Not too long ago?   I think you are dating yourself?   It was pretty long ago wasn't it?

I always liked the lower Div's qualifying for the tournament. We would not have seen Haselrig, Neal, Gonzales, and many others if not for their qualifying. It would also afford Davis and other highly talented lower Div wrestlers to display their talents at the largest and most competitive venue in college wrestling.

Neal was D1. Karl Monaco was the last DIII, he lost to Tim Krieger at 150 in 1989. Haselrig was the last DII. I have no issue with lower division champions being allowed in the DI tournament. I think it has to do with academic standards or at least that is my recollection.