Sign in to follow this  
skikayaker

Robin Ficker - Maryland Heckler

My two favorites were, "The Asperator" and "Roley, Poley Boley".

just make sure you pronounce it 'As Parader'. 

also minor clarification but Ficker isn't a Maryland Heckler really. he positively encourages Maryland wrestlers in a very loud, obnoxious and annoying manner. but he doesn't heckle anyone anymore, especially not any Terps. 

Has anyone ever heckled him back or told him to stfu?

I was at the UM and Iowa dual this year and Tom Brands had some pretty witty comebacks during breaks in the matches.  I was shocked to see that side of him, and I'm sure Ficker was too.  He was actually a little disturbing when he was kicking and swinging his flag stick at Iowa kids trying to warm up on the mat.  It's probably a good thing Metcalf had already graduated...I don't think he would have been as understanding as Gilman, Evans, and Clark were.  

Yeah, like most folks, the first time I saw him I thought he was funny in a slightly demented way, but now I think he's annoying and makes it too much about himself. I just wish someone would tell him to go back to his proper seat and stop banging on the stands. I can't imagine coach McCoy is super enthused by the guy. 

The fact that he's defending this guy is lame.

After reading this forum for years before finally joining a few months ago, I promised myself that I would not get personal about anyone. Mr. Ficker's antics makes it difficult to keep that promise.

Yeah, like most folks, the first time I saw him I thought he was funny in a slightly demented way, but now I think he's annoying and makes it too much about himself. I just wish someone would tell him to go back to his proper seat and stop banging on the stands. I can't imagine coach McCoy is super enthused by the guy. 

The fact that he's defending this guy is lame.

is Coach McCoy super enthused about anything?