Sign in to follow this  
BigTimeFan

UWW Cadet Thread

I think talking about the rules (of matches) is extremely important. These boards support wrestling. We are watching, so to speak, and if we point out BS it helps cut down on the BS factor.

There was apparently lots of BS in the 1970s. From what I read (in the book Wrestlers at the Trials, about the olympic trials) the AAU (which was FILAs most of the time to administer the trials process before USWF took over) would have its favorites all the time. They hated Wade Schalles (he was too "out there") and wanted Jimmy Carr on the team a second time. One ref tells a story of being asked by the table official to find a way to give Carr another point at the end of a match. He refused. I would quote it more exactly but I don't have the book with me.

PS We are bordering on title #4 (forum etiquette)!

Miller's coaches did at ncaas and were told to sit down by both officials....

They questioned it but did not file the official protest.  No official challenge.  No flag waived.  Did not follow protocol.

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/252093-2015-NCAA-D1-Championships/video/764386-Ian-Miller-Scoring-Debacle#.VWsGxkaH96A

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/252093-2015-NCAA-D1-Championships/video/764388-NCAA-Explains-Miller-v-Realbuto-Controversy#.VWsHb0aH96A

So back to Bob's match.  Was there an official protest filed or did this kid's caoch fail him like Miller's did (assuming the wrong kid was awarded victory)?

Edited by Angry_Fish

Knowarth's point was from the shot clock (Pd 1).

Murin's point was from a pushout (Pd 2).

The caution you see on the scoring sheet was the caution isued before the shot clock was turned on.  So I don't believe it is used in the tiebreaking criteria.  

If there were 2 pushouts for points and 1 caution issued.  Then I think the wrestler who received the caution would lose (regardless of who scored last).

I know that is not spelled out in the rules you posted, but I belive that is the way it is applied.

Angry_Fish has this right.  The problem is an imperfect Trackwrestling method of documenting passivity/shot clock indications.  Passivity calls are NOT cautions (and never have been in freestyle since the advent of the 30 second clock).  So in this match, no actual cautions -- thus last point scored prevailed.

For the avoidance of doubt, criteria is:

1. Highest valued hold(s)

2. Fewest cautions (but passivity is NOT a caution)

3. Last point scored.

And yes, I KNOW this.

Matt

Edited by ViperCoachMatt

Well, Murin is going to wrestle the winner of the Olivas-Raimo consi match. Raimo is the one who scored four points on Lee at the opening of their match (Lee won 14-4 but Raimo seemed tough). Raimo is tough, I just watched him pummel West 12-2. I doubt Murin wins vs either of them.

Wonder what happened in Konrath's consi match where we was awarded the win 3-3 over Hagan but Hagan scored last.  As Matt points out, you can't really tell what happened just from looking at Track.  Maybe Bob can post the vid of the bout and we can see how it differend from the match that he lost.

After this 3-3 win, the kid forfeited his next bout.  Wonder why?

dole.jpg

Edited by Angry_Fish

Lee with TD at 50 sec mark after multiple attacks.   ,,, near leglace but fix defends!

Lee with another TD!  4-0.  30 to go in 1st.  Wow.  Locking fingers ... point to fix?  white paddle.  No point.  Fix going but Lee position to solid.  Fix can't get in.

2nd period.

Lee with TD at 50 sec mark after multiple attacks.   ,,, near leglace but fix defends!

Lee with another TD!  4-0.  30 to go in 1st.  Wow.  Locking fingers ... point to fix?  white paddle.  No point.  Fix going but Lee position to solid.  Fix can't get in.

2nd period.

Outrageous!