Stan, 

On 3/21/04 you talked about the importance of the "Evening With Legends" event held at the NYAC in 9/13/03. You were also reportedly on the committee that made the event happen. 

At the "Evening With Legends" event, FILA (now the UWW) presented Hastert with a special award for his achievements. (I'm still not clear on Hastert's connection to international wrestling, or what he achieved that is so noteworthy. What did he do that was so great?) 

Will the UWW now denounce Hastert, or will his special award stand as the UWW's last statement about him?

Thanks in advance. 

http://content.themat.com/section.php?section_id=3&page=showarticle&ArticleID=8311

http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2004/March/26/USA-Wrestling-Board-of-Directo-9619?p=1

Edited by Katie

Troll post with somewhat of a point. How quick will those singing the praises of someone years back distance themselves after learning of misdeeds? It is hard to vet someone one hundred percent so I don't fault people for initially liking the guy. Once you learn of wrongdoing it is important to renounce him publicly though.

Troll post with somewhat of a point. How quick will those singing the praises of someone years back distance themselves after learning of misdeeds? It is hard to vet someone one hundred percent so I don't fault people for initially liking the guy. Once you learn of wrongdoing it is important to renounce him publicly though.

Not trolling.

Way back in 2003 I thought it was ridiculous for FILA to honor Hastert. First, he has zero connection to international wrestling. Second, what is his great accomplishment? I had the same thoughts about Rumsfeld. To me it seemed like a bunch of Fox News hacks worked at FILA.

Will they at least have the decency to distance themselves from Hastert in light of recent news?

Edited by Katie

Please keep the political crap off of this board....

I agree that we should keep politics and wrestling apart.

I wish I didn't have to mention the strange and possibly political honor FILA/UWW gave to Hastert. But because FILA/UWW went out of its way to honor him, given recent news maybe they should distance themselves from him now. 

IMO that would be the best way to keep wrestling and politics separate.