Sign in to follow this  
Bloate

All time favorite wrestler who never won a championship

I'm an Okie, but some definite no pin calls have been made when the tourney has been held in OKC. 2014 sure looked like Perry's shoulders were planted squarely on the mat. I know defensive pins are not popular but I think that one should have been called. Ref made not made it out of the arean though if he had.

Kessel is a piece of sh*t for that match alone. He doesn't call the pin, and then late in the match calls a fcking takedown when Churella doesn't even go down. Hendricks only has his hands around the legs. A total bs reffed match.

Seconding the mention of Mike DeAnna.  He was a legendary wrestler during the 1970's in the Cleveland area and had an amazing collegiate career.  4x AA and defeated numerous NCAA champs while competing for the Hawks and new coach Dan Gable.  Similar career to Frizzell.  Deanna also did an excellent job as head coach at Edinboro.

Graff is a great pick.  Wrestled at an extremely top heavy weight class all 4 years.  His first year was very fun to watch.  He had a Metcalf-like gas tank.  It's a shame managing that weight for 4 years took such a toll on him.  If he could have kept that gas tank while refining his wrestling like he did, I don't doubt he would have won 1 or even 2X.  Still 5,5,3,2 is pretty solid considering who he placed behind.

Zach Sanders- if a 118 he is a multiple time champ. Loved the way he competed.

Kevin Steinhaus- lived his life right and loved te way he competed. Respected by all.

Dylan Ness- all the talent in te world and loved to put on a show. Great for wrestling.

Chris Dardanes- grinder and sacrificed so much. Great guy

Robert Kokesh- loved how he competed and what he stands for.

Mike MCMullen- a breath of fresh air in the heavyweight division.

Those are who come to mind. Plenty more Gophers I could list but narrowed it to 4.

Jon Trenge, Lehigh

Lost in the finals twice...first to Damion Hahn, and then to Cael Sanderson giving Cael win #159.

Trenge was a sophomore vs Sanderson and Junior vs Hahn. I think he got 3rd as a senior?

Edited by headshuck

Zach Sanders- if a 118 he is a multiple time champ. Loved the way he competed.

Kevin Steinhaus- lived his life right and loved te way he competed. Respected by all.

Dylan Ness- all the talent in te world and loved to put on a show. Great for wrestling.

Chris Dardanes- grinder and sacrificed so much. Great guy

Robert Kokesh- loved how he competed and what he stands for.

Mike MCMullen- a breath of fresh air in the heavyweight division.

Those are who come to mind. Plenty more Gophers I could list but narrowed it to 4.

LOVE how Kokesh handled himself on and off the mat. 

Mike Mann 4 time A.A. 2 time finalist and beat Ed Banach 3 times.  Pete Galea was a 4 time Conference Champ, Nick Gallick, Injuries cost him, Willie Gadson, Steve Hamilton 4 time A.A., Matt Johnson,Johnny Jones, Zeke's brother,Dwight Hinson, 4 time A.A., & Perry Hummel should also be mentioned.

Edited by isufan