Sign in to follow this  
Bloate

All time favorite wrestler who never won a championship

Darryl Pope (CSUB) ... Chiapperelli counters a deep shot with 15 seconds left to score a TD and wins 5-2. One heck of a match between two great competitors.

"A little bit of the old Rico." First Gable quote I heard.

Scott Justus-VA Tech, beats Hahn twice, undefeated #1 seed, loses in the first round, never AAs becomes a Navy SEAL whodoesn't know how to swim before he goes to boot camp, drowns during one of the swims, is revived, jumps back into the water and finishes the swim. All because he "never did anything with his life". Exact words before he left Blacksburg. I'm honored to have wrestled with him and proud of who he is and what he stands for.

Didn't Kessel also call no pin vs Perry when he wrestler Evans?

Hazewinkel and Simmons are up there but has awful luck (or couldn't peak at the right time). It was pretty surreal seeing them wheedle in the world and Olympic trials finals afterwards. As in "is there a way they can both lose?"

it was really close. some referees wouldn't of called it. but it was a takedown with time still on the clock. 

I was there for that one.  The crowd was already buzzing from the McIlravy/Abas match, and then it's immediately followed by Sunderland/Steiner.

Edited by TheOhioState

But, aside from myself, I'd have to throw favorite votes to:

Mark Schmitz, Wisconsin (collegiate wins over Marty Kistler, Royce Alger, Kevin Jackson, Andre Metzger, Nate Carr)

Lenny Zalesky, Iowa ( wins over Burley, LeeRoy Smith, Metzger and others)

Jim Martinez, Minnesota- man he was Kid Slick!

Greg Randall of Iowa was a gamer, always fun to watch.

Scott Moore: an exciting, unorthodox pinning machine. 34 falls in his UVA year! Hammered by Cliff Moore in the semis, finished his career with 2 1st period pins to take 3rd.

In 2003-04, Moore etched his name into numerous categories in the UVa wrestling record books. Moore finished the season with an amazing record of 51-1 overall, 17-0 in dual match action with 34 wins coming by fall. He shattered both the UVa single-season and career record for most falls at Virginia in just one year after posting 34 falls in 2003-04. Moore's 51 single-season wins ranks him first all-time at UVa for most wins in a single season and his 17 dual match wins are the second best mark ever at UVa. His .981 winning percentage is the second best winning percentage for a single season at ever Virginia.

Moore finished third in the 2004 NCAA Division I Wrestling Championships and was ranked No.1 in the country for most of the season and was the top seed at 141-pounds at the NCAA Championships. He was named the ACC Wrestler of the Week four times and had taken first place or won all seven regular season events/competitions he competed in and won his match at the National Wrestling Coaches Association (NWCA) All-Star Classic.

Moore began his wrestling career at Penn State (1999-2003) where he won a combined 125 matches (including one red-shirt season) after going 125-42 over four years of competition. In 2002-03, he set the NCAA record for most matches competed in (63) and set a PSU school record for most wins a single season after going 54-9 during an All-American season for the Nittany Lions.