Sign in to follow this  
TFBJR

Flicker - The man he appears to be

Some class individuals in the comments section. ficker is a nut job, but this is what he's supposed to do, craft a defense. Everyone in this country is entitled to the strongest defense possible. It's one of the foundations of our legal system. The man is presumed innocent, because we (the system) would rather 1,000 guilty people go free than 1 innocent person be imprisoned. That's how it's supposed to be anyway.

The "he doesn't even like pizza" defense to try to explain away DNA doesn't sound like great lawyering to me. If that is the best Ficker - or his actual lawyer in this case - can come up with then this guy is going to get himself d.p.'d.  

Edited by TBar1977

"Everyone in this country is entitled to the strongest defense possible." Agreed.  I just wouldn't fraternize with the low end humanoids who would provide it.   It takes a special money hungry cretin to go into that line of work.    From the looks of his antics Ficker has his own special set of challenges.  Time for UMD to ban the troll in my opinion.   

"Everyone in this country is entitled to the strongest defense possible." Agreed.  I just wouldn't fraternize with the low end humanoids who would provide it.   It takes a special money hungry cretin to go into that line of work.    From the looks of his antics Ficker has his own special set of challenges.  Time for UMD to ban the troll in my opinion.   

Yeah... attorneys are all scum bags.  You realize most criminal defense attorneys work as public defenders and aren't rolling in cash by any stretch of the imagination. 

Hope you get arrested and need one sometime.

I'm sorry to know we will never be friends, but, yeah, I'm not rolling in dough at the Public Defender's office. Just a guy who's making sure everybody gets the due process of the law they're supposed to get and making sure, as best as we can, that cops are following the rules.

Trying to make sure stuff like this doesn't happen:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2015/05/orange_county_prosecutor_misconduct_judge_goethals_takes_district_attorney.1.html

We have a major trial going on here of the Aurora, Colorado theater shooter. Even this sorry piece of protoplasm deserves a good defense. What sucks most about the US justice system is not the occasional OJ Simpson that goes free, but the number of innocents sentenced to life or even given the death penalty, and it happens more than you think. Ok, rant over. Back to Ficker, he is a tool but so be it.

Having had the best defense possible -- and despite that, still being declared guilty -- is the ideal way that our justice system works in convicting criminals. You don't want a shoddy defense even for the worst scum-of-the-earth. The prosecution's case must stand up to scrutiny, so that you can confidently declare that justice was done.

I used to vilify defense attorneys, especially those who work for people who seem obviously guilty. But now I see them as equally as important as the prosecution in the role they play. I don't like it still. I wouldn't want to be a criminal defense attorney, yet they are important.

I'm sorry to know we will never be friends, but, yeah, I'm not rolling in dough at the Public Defender's office. Just a guy who's making sure everybody gets the due process of the law they're supposed to get and making sure, as best as we can, that cops are following the rules.

Trying to make sure stuff like this doesn't happen:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2015/05/orange_county_prosecutor_misconduct_judge_goethals_takes_district_attorney.1.html

You shouldn't defend criminals.  After all they are criminals.

Someone has to do it - just not me.  I couldn't live with myself if I finessed a child rapist or dirt bag like this guy from Maryland to walk free and be back on the streets.  That's just me.  

Of course I never said  "attorneys are all scum bags".  

And of course this is not true "You realize most criminal defense attorneys work as public defenders"  

And this is just being a jerk: "Hope you get arrested and need one sometime."

Thanks though -  I'm sure you add light to wherever you tread. 

Someone has to do it - just not me.  I couldn't live with myself if I finessed a child rapist or dirt bag like this guy from Maryland to walk free and be back on the streets.  That's just me.  

Of course you wouldn't lower yourself to that type of work.

You made it abundantly clear what you think of this freaking lawyering nightmare/low end humanoids/money hungry cretin.

No need to full throttle reverse it now.

Of course I never said  "attorneys are all scum bags".  

And of course this is not true "You realize most criminal defense attorneys work as public defenders"  

And this is just being a jerk: "Hope you get arrested and need one sometime."

Thanks though -  I'm sure you add light to wherever you tread. 

Being a jerk: "I just wouldn't fraternize with the low end humanoids who would provide it.   It takes a special money hungry cretin to go into that line of work"

Responding to this inflammatory statement by pointing out how you may need one of these "money hungry cretins" to save your butt one day isn't being a jerk.

You really think MOST criminal defense (ie not corporate/tax/divorce) attorneys are like Johnny Cochrane just raking in cash?  Please tell me your just trolling here.  

Being a jerk: "I just wouldn't fraternize with the low end humanoids who would provide it.   It takes a special money hungry cretin to go into that line of work"

Responding to this inflammatory statement by pointing out how you may need one of these "money hungry cretins" to save your butt one day isn't being a jerk.

You really think MOST criminal defense (ie not corporate/tax/divorce) attorneys are like Johnny Cochrane just raking in cash?  Please tell me your just trolling here.  

Listen closely dumb ass - I will never need one of these low end humanoids because I will never kill,rape, or abuse another human being.  I can state that with confidence - I'm fifty-f-ing-four. That doesn't mean I think all defense attorneys are scum - everyone  is entitled to a robust defense.  But the ones who use intricacies, loopholes, obfuscation, or downright BS instead of a defense on teh facts - yes those sub-mongrels are scum in my book.  Would I help a pedophile get off if I knew he was guilty?  NO.  Do I detest anyone that does?  YES.  That OK with you tough guy? 

Of course not all defense attorneys are scum. They are certainly a valued and needed part of our society. I think the point that TFBJR is trying to make is that some of them (not all) do look for loopholes to keep people they know are guilty out of prison. In my book, that is wrong. 

Listen closely dumb ass - I will never need one of these low end humanoids because I will never kill,rape, or abuse another human being.  I can state that with confidence - I'm fifty-f-ing-four. That doesn't mean I think all defense attorneys are scum - everyone  is entitled to a robust defense.  But the ones who use intricacies, loopholes, obfuscation, or downright BS instead of a defense on teh facts - yes those sub-mongrels are scum in my book.  Would I help a pedophile get off if I knew he was guilty?  NO.  Do I detest anyone that does?  YES.  That OK with you tough guy? 

Who is the dumb ass and wanna be a message board tough guy after this post? 

Please tell me Mr. Fifty "f-ing" four (btw who in their mid-fifties still talks like that?) that you believe every person arrested for a crime is guilty?  Wait, don't even answer that, I've already learned everything I need to know about your ideas on the criminal justice system.

Of course not all defense attorneys are scum. They are certainly a valued and needed part of our society. I think the point that TFBJR is trying to make is that some of them (not all) do look for loopholes to keep people they know are guilty out of prison. In my book, that is wrong. 

TFBJR point is that only certain people deserve a defense... specifically the not guilty ones.  Problem is there is no way to know that without actually first providing that defense. 

You can detest dirty tricks by criminal defense attorneys but you should detest it from both sides. Except only one of those sides has the power to take someones life/freedom.

Edited by HuskyHero133