Sign in to follow this  
Grappler69

Pennsylvania Olympic medals last 20 years

I'm not trolling. Obviously I'm posting in the INT. But, every-time one of the PA hammers goes down in freestyle all I hear is...

"If it was folkstyle, you're guy would get smoked".....and so on and so forth....right or wrong....internationally

Nobody cares about folkstyle

yes, its very true that the world does not care about american folkstyle wrestling. Yes its true that when a Pennsylvania guy goes down in freestyle, their fans do say it would be a different story if it were folkstyle. Although this topic could lead to meaningful discussion, I do think there is some element of trolling in this post.

Technically, Kurt Angle won his Olympic gold 19 years ago, but I understand your sentiment.

It is somewhat odd that the epicenter of this country's wrestling at the Cadet and Junior levels (high school aged kids, that is) haven't produced an Olympic Champion since 1996. However, the opportunity to win a single Olympic title has decreased by 40% since 1996 (10 weights down to six weights for 2016). Coleman Scott was close, but in that time this country has seen Olympic and World Freestyle champions and medalists from California, Oregon, Texas, Montana, Utah, Arizona, Oklahoma, Missouri, Iowa, Illinois Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, etc. Needless to say, on the Senior level, this country has very good contenders from coast to coast and parity is king.

I'll let you in on a secret>>>>>>>>>PA might not be that great at Freestyle or Greco, as the poster above pointed out. We don't have a great track record in either.>>but we dominate and annihilate, where it matters most in the United States. And that would be folk-style.  IF freestyle mattered in the United States, I'm sure we would decimate the competition as well!

Bring it on!!

The USA has only had 15 freestyle medals in the last 20 years at the Olympics. 

California leads the way with 4

Pennsylvania and Iowa both have 2

Arizona, New Jersey, Utah, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and South Dakota 1

Well, like I said))))PA doesn't care about that.  We dominate on home soil.  That's what really matters. Most of you are just jealous!

Jealous of what, and when does recess start for you?  Did you get your milk carton and cookies yet?

I think a better sampling would be world team members. I have no clue what those numbers would look like over any period of time but world or Olympic medals is such a small sample size.

World team members would be more like comparing All-Americans.

Edited by Pinnum

By my count we have had 16 Olympic medals since 1996.

1996 - 5  G-G-G-S-B

2000 -4  G-S-B-B

2004 - 3  G-S-S

2008 - 1 G

2012 - 3 G-G-B

Is this Lou Montano and, does this include Greco???