Sign in to follow this  
CaliWrestler

Who do you have for world team and who places at Worlds

If betting id pick all the champions of the US open( JB

at 74). They have such an advantage and the guaranteed final.

I'd give Schlatter, Ruth, Varner and Bergman a pretty good chance to come out on top.

Medals: Burroughs and Dlagnev ( if they win trials) should go really well. Same with anyone who can beat out Burroughs. I'd put Metcalf and Snyder/Varner as "could do it on a good day with a good draw" and 57, 61, 70, 86 at "probably not, but who knows."

In a hypothetical world where Ed Ruth combined his skill and aggression with good tactical wrestling and freestyle appropriate scrambling he could be the second best guy in the world at 86. Not sure if he will ever reach this level though.

Edited by armspin

Colon DNP

Hump DNP

Metcalf Bronze/5th

Schlatter DNP

Burroughs Gold

Ruth 5th

Varner Silver/Bronze

Dlagnev Silver/Bronze

Anyone else winning Gold other than Burroughs would be big upset but I give Tervel the best chance. Varner or Snyder is not going to beat Gadisov period.  

Edited by PRyan2012

i can see 4, maybe 5 medals. we're at home and 61 and 70 may be wide open with guys already headed to Olympic weights. 

JB and Dlagnev got it done last year and have been consistent in top finishes. everyone else, just guessed but i'm good with whoever earns their spot.

Ramos DNP

Hump 3rd

Metcalf 3rd

Marable 5th

JB 1st

Ruth 5th

Snyder DNP

Dlagnev 2nd

overly optimistic but no one asked for odds yet.

Guest ShannonSofield

Strange, every World/Oly hampionships we get predictions like these that are wildly over-optimistic.

We only placed two Bronze last year in Freestyle.

With only three of our guys ranked in the Top 10 for UWW, I can't see placing more than that.

I'm hoping Jordan in the finals with one bronze (Dlagnev) and two 5th. 

I think Humphrey is pretty proven at 61kg curious why many see him as a dnp but Metcalf getting a metal I know he's done well against international competition but he has yet to show up when the lights are on

Edited by NYWRESTLER94

Strange, every World/Oly hampionships we get predictions like these that are wildly over-optimistic.

We only placed two Bronze last year in Freestyle.

With only three of our guys ranked in the Top 10 for UWW, I can't see placing more than that.

I'm hoping Jordan in the finals with one bronze (Dlagnev) and two 5th. 

not that strange. we're talking about sports with no money at stake. this is pretty restrained as far as blatant homerism goes. i remember this year on the college board someone giving PSU a 35% chance to win the NCAA title over half way through the season.   

What Hasek said. It's like election polls. They are wildly inaccurate because people say what makes them feel good or look good or both. Best way to get someone to pipe down when they start making irrational, nonsensical statements is to simply offer them a very large bet. 

What exactly has Humphrey proven at 61kg?

For starters some wins over the Olympic bronze medalist I know he has other notable wins I just can't get the names off right now also was close to medaling at his last world championships when he lost to the wrestler from France I believe on a call that looked like it could've won him the match had it gone his way Edited by NYWRESTLER94