Colon DNP

Hump DNP

Metcalf Silver

Schlatter Bronze

Burroughs Silver

Ruth Silver/Bronze

Varner 5th or worse

Dlagnev Silver/Bronze

Who is Burroughs going to lose to now that Tsargush is out, He's beaten everyone in the world Japan, Russian, Iran?? who do you think he will get beat by

Who is Burroughs going to lose to now that Tsargush is out, He's beaten everyone in the world Japan, Russian, Iran?? who do you think he will get beat by

Anything can happen. He lost to Marable fair and square, got outwrestled. DT had him and gave it up in the waning seconds. Dake had him too (I know about the OT thing, I don't want to hear it). He has wrestled several guys close throughout his career and willed his way to a win. JB is the man, but he is not indestructible. One off match and it's not just one but several guys who can beat him.

Damn Katie only 1 medal, maybe right I don't know 

Would anyone really be stunned by this though?  Look at the top of the international rankings, all these guys have at least one Russian and one Iranian who are going to be pretty damn tough to knock out of two of the four medals.  As has been mentioned previously in this thread, the repechage rounds are a complete crapshoot.  I wouldn't bet against Katie on that prediction, and we are just lucky that they are only allowed to send one per weight.

What Id like to see and how I feel theyd place:

Ramos-Win a match or two but no medal.

Maple-Win a match or two but no medal.

Oliver-Anywhere in the top 4. Im sold on Oliver.

Marable-4th

Dake-2nd

Ruth-Win a match or two but no medal.

Snyder-4th

Dlagnev-4th

What I think will happen:

Ramos:Same as above

Humphrey:about the same as I believe Maple will do

Metcalf:Anywhere top in the top 4. Wish we could send 2 guys here

Marable:Same as above

Burroughs:1st

Herbert:2nd

Snyder:Same as above

Dlagnev:Same as above

Anything can happen. He lost to Marable fair and square, got outwrestled. DT had him and gave it up in the waning seconds. Dake had him too (I know about the OT thing, I don't want to hear it). He has wrestled several guys close throughout his career and willed his way to a win. JB is the man, but he is not indestructible. One off match and it's not just one but several guys who can beat him.

Dude are you high, several guys who can beat him, Tsargush on bum leg.  Im not making any reasons why he lost to Marble but he lost.  No one has beat him besides those 2.  So if the several guys who can beat him happen to be at different weight please explain who and why.  

Dude are you high, several guys who can beat him, Tsargush on bum leg. Im not making any reasons why he lost to Marble but he lost. No one has beat him besides those 2. So if the several guys who can beat him happen to be at different weight please explain who and why.

Maybe I'm high but he can be beat. That is a proven fact. He has wrestled close matches that could go theories way. That is also fact. If he has an off day he can lose.

Oliver-Anywhere in the top 4. Im sold on Oliver.

I really thought Oliver had a great shot to dethrone BM this year, but I don't think that leg is going to let it happen.  Reports are that he has been working out since the US Open but has not wrestled.  Perhaps that has changed by now, but it does not sound like his leg allowed him to fully prepare for the US Open.  And it appears the same is true, perhaps to even a greater degree, for WTTs.

I consider Russel the favorite to come out of the mini-tourney.  Then I expect him to lose two straight non-competive bouts to Metcalf.  If Oliver is able to make it through the mini tourney, the only way he has a shot to beat BM, IMO, is if his leg gives him NO TROUBLE at all in the afternoon and he gains full confidence in it going into the finals.  And even then, at best I give JO a 40% chance to beat him.  Too many ifs in there for me to have high hopes for JO this year.  I am really disappointed as I though this might be the year he breaks out and gets over the BM hurdle.

The clock is ticking on JO.  Assuming he doesn't get it done this year, I give him another 2 years ('16 & '17) to make a team before it might be time to accept that the stars not going to align for him....All that talent...

Edited by Angry_Fish

Maybe I'm high but he can be beat. That is a proven fact. He has wrestled close matches that could go theories way. That is also fact. If he has an off day he can lose.

Agree with you there but you said several people can beat him.  Who? give me a better example of Tsargush when JB was not 100%

I really thought Oliver had a great shot to dethrone BM this year, but I don't think that leg is going to let it happen.  Reports are that he has been working out since the US Open but has not wrestled.  Perhaps that has changed by now, but it does not sound like his leg allowed him to fully prepare for the US Open.  And it appears the same is true, perhaps to even a greater degree, for WTTs.

I consider Russel the favorite to come out of the mini-tourney.  Then I expect him to lose two straight non-competive bouts to Metcalf.  If Oliver is able to make it through the mini tourney, the only way he has a shot to beat BM, IMO, is if his leg gives him NO TROUBLE at all in the afternoon and he gains full confidence in it going into the finals.  And even then, at best I give JO a 40% chance to beat him.  Too many ifs in there for me to have high hopes for JO this year.  I am really disappointed as I though this might be the year he breaks out and gets over the BM hurdle.

The clock is ticking on JO.  Assuming he doesn't get it done this year, I give him another 2 years ('16 & '17) to make a team before it might be time to accept that the stars not going to align for him....All that talent...

Your right but maybe he has a chance for Olympics and gets it done..Man he looked in so much pain and Metcalf didn't capilize on it

Your right but maybe he has a chance for Olympics and gets it done..Man he looked in so much pain and Metcalf didn't capilize on it

I was there.  I still can't believe he even wrestled Satuday night.  He basically had to be carried out of the arena after beating Russell in the semis Friday night.  The existing injury got aggrevated right at the end of the bout.  Damn shame.

Do Oliver and Metcalf have a history? It almost looked like Metcalf took it easy on him. Might be simply strategic ("his only chance is to counter so why give it to him") but maybe he felt bad about taking advantage of an injury?

Do Oliver and Metcalf have a history? It almost looked like Metcalf took it easy on him. Might be simply strategic ("his only chance is to counter so why give it to him") but maybe he felt bad about taking advantage of an injury?

Maybe but Metcalf owns Oliver on matches 

Oliver beat him once at the US Open a few years ago under the old rules.  He won on Tiebreaker criteria.

Metcalf trashed Oliver once after Oliver got out to an early lead but then gassed.  Oliver also lost two straight competive matches in WTT finals last year.

I don't think Metcalf took it easy on him much as he knew that Oliver was hurting and not able to attack.  So why risk the match by attacking and possibly getting countered.  Take the 2-1 win and the bye to the WTT.  I agree that Metcalf probably could have scored more, but why risk it in a close match with a bye into the WTT finals at stake.  He did the smart thing.

In the interview after the US Open, Metcalf aknowledged that JO was a "stingy" wrestler as it relates to giving up points.  Also said that JO is the likely winner of the Mini-Tourney (I disagree due to the knee) and that he (Brent) would need to score more points the next time they meet.

Edited by Angry_Fish

Oliver beat him once at the US Open a few years ago under the old rules.  He won on Tiebreaker criteria.

Metcalf trashed Oliver once after Oliver got out to an early lead but then gassed.  Oliver also lost two straight competive matches in WTT finals last year.

I don't think Metcalf took it easy on him much as he knew that Oliver was hurting and not able to attack.  So why risk the match by attacking and possibly getting countered.  Take the 2-1 win and the bye to the WTT.  I agree that Metcalf probably could have scored more, but why risk it in a close match with a bye into the WTT finals at stake.  He did the smart thing.

In the interview after the US Open, Metcalf aknowledged that JO was a "stingy" wrestler as it relates to giving up points.  Also said that JO is the likely winner of the Mini-Tourney (I disagree due to the knee) and that he (Brent) would need to score more points the next time they meet.

Agree with this. 

I don't think it's in Metcalf's nature to take it easy on someone. But given the counter scoring when an attack is careless, he is being more careful. You also saw that in his Pico match. You didn't see it when he wrestled Frayer in the 2012 OTT's.

Agree with this. 

I don't think it's in Metcalf's nature to take it easy on someone. But given the counter scoring when an attack is careless, he is being more careful. You also saw that in his Pico match. You didn't see it when he wrestled Frayer in the 2012 OTT's.

I think Metcalf gets its done this year. He's pretty solid

At 57 Ramos is our guy, I think he will win a match or two, but I doubt he will medal.

At 61 Humpreys will prevail. His history tells us the he will win matches against the lower tier guys, however does not fare well against the best. However, there are some things in his favor. One the tournament will be held here, and there may be some guys already positioning themselves in another weight class for 2016. However, I think the best we can hope for is a Bronze.

At 65 Metcalf will prevail. His history at the Worlds is pretty dismal, however he has shown that he is a force internationally, and I believe that this year he finds his way to the podium.

At 70, I believe that Marable will survive, due to the mini tourney demolition derby that will take place before he even steps on the mat, which will take a heavy toll of his eventual opponent. At the Worlds I predict that he wins a couple of matches, but falls short of a medal. I believe that the cut to 70, has taken some of his strength and endurance and this will hurt him in the long run.

At 74, Burroughs wins again, and will face a Russian in the finals of the Worlds. In which Jordan prevails. Speed kills, and I don't see anybody stopping him if he's healthy.

At 86, Herbert will remain our guy, and should win a couple of matches, but probably do about as well as he did in the 2012 Olympics. I don't see him beating the top tier guys.

At 97, I think Snyder remains on top. At the Worlds I believe he beats the lower and mid tier guys. So with the right draw, ( which can be said for any of our guys), he wins a medal. I say this because he has the pedigree of doing well internationally although on the Junior level, I think he wrestles smart, and has confidence. So maybe I'm a little optimistic but I think he gets a Bronze.

At 125, It's Dlagnev, and he medals, Silver or Bronze.

At 74, Burroughs wins again, and will face a Russian in the finals of the Worlds. In which Jordan prevails. Speed kills, and I don't see anybody stopping him if he's healthy.

I hope you are right that he faces a Russian in the finals

Agree with this. 

That taking it easy mentality died in college.    Brent learned the hard way against the North Carolina State kid when he tried mailing it in at NCAAs and then weeks later at the open when the national champ out placed Brent and his coach in freestyle.

Since then, Brent's been on a 5 year mission to win multiple Olympic golds and everything in between.    It hasn't quite worked out but it has gotten him on the US world team now that the the rules adjusted and the weight class shrunk.    I think he has this last run in him and I don't see anyone in the depleted weight class who is going to challenge him.   Next year is the problem when presumably all the big guns will be in the show for the Olympic spot.   Lets go Brent!