Sign in to follow this  
Tony_Rotundo

Lalovic to be proposed as newest member of the IOC

I guess he will fit in with the rest of the corrupt dbags in the ioc.

How do you know he's corrupt? I haven't seen anything suggesting that. Do you have any links?

Everything I've seen suggests he has been great for wrestling:

1) He got wrestling reinstated in the Olympics. 

2) He has an open mind. He flew out here to watch NCAAs. 

3) He modernized the aesthetics of the mat. (We might not be done modernizing the presentation. Let's see how Vegas looks.)

4) He put a renewed focus on women's wrestling. 

5) Under his watch freestyle rules were overhauled, and those rule changes made the final product much better. 

Losing Lalovic would be a big loss to UWW. But not a total loss. Having a wrestling fan in the IOC would help wrestling's Olympic prospects. 

I'm not in the inner circles, but so far, it does seem like Lalovic is good for wrestling. Why not, hope he does get elected, and who knows, maybe wrestling will stay in the Olympics for good, like it absolutely should be!

And hopefully, someday, all the appropriate weight classes come back to the Olympic Games. Good luck Mr. Lalovic.

Lalovic hasn't proved to be visibly dirty at least, and he certainly has done a lot of awesome things in a relatively short amount of time.  The IOC is corrupt beyond all reasonable doubt, though.  Hopefully, Lalovic's replacement won't be from the Martinetti / Mamashvili school of management.

Katie, I don't have to give you any links, do your own goddamn search.

No need for curses. I was just curious why you characterized Lalovic as corrupt when everything I've seen about him suggests he's been great for wrestling. If you have a baseless opinion its not the end of the world. 

Edited by Katie

I can't think of a single reason why this would be bad for wrestling. The other sports either have representation directly in the IOC, or want it. This can only help our cause to get reinstated as a permanent sport. I've not heard of or read about any corruption by Lalovic, so if there are links heelpick, please share, because my Google search come sup blank for corruption by Lalovic.