Sign in to follow this  
Jaroslav Hasek

Baku 2015

Does anyone know why Gazmuyov looked so terrible during the 2012 olympics? Injury or anything? I'd still be kicking myself over that if I was him. Was wide open for him to win after the Yazdani and Gadisov situation but he loses to Andrietsev. 

The story went he was training with the Russian team and they really over trained for some reason. A lot of the Russians looked weary and gassed out. The one Russian who won gold was Otarsulranov who missed the brutal training camp with an injury.

The story went he was training with the Russian team and they really over trained for some reason. A lot of the Russians looked weary and gassed out. The one Russian who won gold was Otarsulranov who missed the brutal training camp with an injury.

Thanks, hadn't heard that before. I'd be kicking myself worse than Yazdani if I was him over that. 

http://livestream.com/unitedworldwrestling/events/4119821

2:48 and 3:17 for 1/4 and 1/2 finals for Geduev

Geduev does look fantastic but his style works best against 'Russian' wrestlers.. people who don't really push the pace and fight for wrist control or tie ups. He does a lot of tricky stuff off of wrist control and shuck bys from tie ups. I doubt Burroughs stands in front of him and fights for wrist control.

Edited by manyak

So we have a European games in a region that is arguably Asia and we have Asiatic wrestlers wrestling for Russia and Belarus etc and Cubans and Caucasus peoples wrestling for France, Italy, and Spain. A triumph of multiculturalism or capitalism in sport or a flawed system that prevents top people from wrestling for their own country?

So we have a European games in a region that is arguably Asia and we have Asiatic wrestlers wrestling for Russia and Belarus etc and Cubans and Caucasus peoples wrestling for France, Italy, and Spain. A triumph of multiculturalism or capitalism in sport or a flawed system that prevents top people from wrestling for their own country?

a say triumph. if guys from other countries are joining other federations and blocking guys from wrestling it would be a problem but i assume the federations are asking guys to come over. the countries with transplants benefit by getting the publicity and their flags raised as well as upping the quality of their training rooms. 

i've never been much for arbitrary political boundaries anyway. 

I always thought it would be interesting if each republic or flag or ethno-state could send their own guys, like Ossetia, Dagestan, Chechnya, Yakutia etc sending their own representative. I'm sure they'd rather wrestle for those flags anyways than Russia. It'd make things way harder for everyone else though.

I always thought it would be interesting if each republic or flag or ethno-state could send their own guys, like Ossetia, Dagestan, Chechnya, Yakutia etc sending their own representative. I'm sure they'd rather wrestle for those flags anyways than Russia. It'd make things way harder for everyone else though.

yeah that would be cool. what i'd really like is just open tournaments were the best wrestle and there are no limits for how many wrestlers from certain areas or countries.

spreading the medals around to multiple countries has it's pluses too, but i'd rather just see the best compete, the way tennis and golf work. 

I'm not sure Geduev is quick enough to compete consistently with Burroughs. He us however a very dangerous guys with his throws and turns and JB will need to wrestle well to beat him.

Clearly the #2 74 kg wrestler IMO with Tsargush and Lopez losing recently.

http://livestream.com/unitedworldwrestling/events/4119821

2:48 and 3:17 for 1/4 and 1/2 finals for Geduev

Geduev does look fantastic but his style works best against 'Russian' wrestlers.. people who don't really push the pace and fight for wrist control or tie ups. He does a lot of tricky stuff off of wrist control and shuck bys from tie ups. I doubt Burroughs stands in front of him and fights for wrist control.

Wow that throw from the second match, imagine that on a hard surface, the guy could be killed with that impact on the back of his head.

His defense would worry me against JB. 

I think he doesn't score on JB, maybe once on a go behind. I would have liked to see him against Tsargush, though Tsargush has beaten him before handily. Geduev is an enigma. He went up to 86kg for a bit, he has struggled with injuries and missed nationals 2 times in a row. He was in talks to wrestle for Turkey a few years ago but it didn't come to fruition. Opan Sat is wrestling for Turkey but I didn't see him in the brackets. He won nationals at 61kg but Turkey sent someone else.