Sign in to follow this  
Jaroslav Hasek

Baku 2015

Watching the stream with my 4 year old and 2 year old who keeps yelling "fighting!"

Gadjimagomedov wins 2-1 after escaping a big last minute scramble.

Poland wins the first 86 bronze with a late td, AZE just lays on the mat until the ref picks him up. Georgia over Hungary 3-2 boring match.

Edited by armspin

Btf the best guys are in Russia and Iran IMO. Not sure how good his opponents are but they're probably #1s in their country.

Petrashvilli back from suspension and Magomedov win heavyweight bronzes pretty easily.

Akgul is a freight train right now, he is the very heavy favorite for the Worlds this year.

I saw the match, the guy is unstoppable once he gets on top. Was any of his competition world-medal level?

I don't think so.

Edited by Axe_Spartan

Btf the best guys are in Russia and Iran IMO. Not sure how good his opponents are but they're probably #1s in their country.

Petrashvilli back from suspension and Magomedov win heavyweight bronzes pretty easily.

Thanks. I guess it doesn't even matter with Sadulaev, he's had one close match at most in the past year (Russian nationals). If I were in a coma for 25 years on my top ten list of questions when I got out would be "how many world titles did Sadulaev win".Well, maybe my top 25 or 50 questions.

Do you know why Makhov didn't wrestle greco?

I wonder why Russia is so weak at heavyweight in both styles

He's injured. Elbow injury I believe. He has been working with a strength and conditioning coach (a famous Olympic weightlifting coach) in his hometown. He hasn't been in Dagestan for a while. He is actually from another Republic in the Caucasus. A lot of heavyweights migrate to Dagestan to get better training partners. Muradin Kuskhov is another one.

Edited by manyak

I thought it was very debatable but it should have been a 4. It could have gone to either guy, but it shouldn't have been a 2 + 1 for Bogomoev.

Lomtadze was trying to take Bogomoev back but Bogomoev hits a variation on a kind of leg lace trip, usually you do this off a single leg and the leg in the air would have the foot behind the opponent's far knee as well as the hand behind the near knee, but he just does it with his hand.

Whose move do you think it is?

I thought it was very debatable but it should have been a 4. It could have gone to either guy, but it shouldn't have been a 2 + 1 for Bogomoev.

Lomtadze was trying to take Bogomoev back but Bogomoev hits a variation on a kind of leg lace trip, usually you do this off a single leg and the leg in the air would have the foot behind the opponent's far knee as well as the hand behind the near knee, but he just does it with his hand.

Whose move do you think it is?

I was watching here, 1:53 (the image is better):

Very hard to say whose move it is, Lomtadze pulled Bogomoev to his hips to throw him to his back, but the russian put his hand behind Lomtadze knee and pulled to unbalance him, stopping the throw and making him fall. Maybe 2 and 2 was right after all? (not that +1, but it wouldn't make a difference)

Edited by Axe_Spartan