MadMardigain

Mock out at UNC

How was this year's recruiting class? Why wait until mid-June to make this decision? Is the support from the university any good? I'd love to see them land a great coach and really get back to being more of a top-tier program as they were some 20-30 years ago.

Guest Kingsland

Usually UNC has pretty good recruiting classes and pulls heavy from PA. (I think Mock wrestled at Counsil Rock) However a lot of their highly touted recruits underperform or end up back at d2 pa state schools.

It could also have to do with his blog...

Of course it did. They waited so long, in my opinion, to see if they could get someone else who got canned or wanted to move, no one did so Scott fills in.  I expect him to bring the program up, but will they be able to compete with VT and UVA...I think not.

Just read this blog for the first time. I know in this ultra PC (see Jerry Seinfeld's recent comments) environment, you're not supposed to say anything that goes against the liberal theology, but what exactly did he say - about the environment, not the facts of the case (none of us know) that was wrong? I think his assessment of where we are today was spot on!

He's a dumbass for reasons mentioned by Guillermo

Also, this loser couldn't keep his composure after receiving criticism on Twitter. His true feelings on the matter were exposed.

"You are likely another woman who wants to be able to go party and have zero accountability."

Just read this blog for the first time. I know in this ultra PC (see Jerry Seinfeld's recent comments) environment, you're not supposed to say anything that goes against the liberal theology, but what exactly did he say - about the environment, not the facts of the case (none of us know) that was wrong? I think his assessment of where we are today was spot on!

I think Seinfeld's take on PC had more to do with how comedy is perceived. Was Mock trying to be funny here? That may explain it

He could have made his feelings known on the subject and championed his "cause" without the girls name.

Also, his true motivation is revealed in his last paragraph, whining about his son losing a year of eligibility.  Great message there.

What's the excuse in this one?  Cops lied?

http://abclocal.go.com/story?section=news/local&id=8535470

Bill Lam former UNC head coach told me he was very impressed with Coleman Scott last year when he met him for the first time. Bill has maintained close contact with many of his former wrestlers. They've wanted Mock out for several years. I'd expect Coleman to get the job. He had just gone to ASU, short stay most likely. With North Carolina State making big strides a change was needed.

I'd expect Coleman to get the job.

Clearly what comes into play for Scott is his desire/ability to make the 2016 Olympic team vs. oppertunity to be a DI head coach. I'm sure he's a front runner for the job, but the timing would have been much better for him a year from now.

Edited by MadMardigain