MadMardigain

Mock out at UNC

The team was aware prior to the start of the spring semester that it would be Mock's last, and Scott was likely to be the next man up.

This

Nailed it. The blog was a desperation headlock thrown after it was clear he would not remain at his post.

and this.

I know for a fact that some knew this was happening a year ago...no surprise, end of story, from the horse's mouth. Nothing could have saved his job, the end.

This

So you are telling me that the guys on the team knew a year ago that Mock was going to be fired, and Mock did not? Or you have talked to staff at UNC that knew he was going to get fired when he didn't? 

So you are telling me that the guys on the team knew a year ago that Mock was going to be fired, and Mock did not? Or you have talked to staff at UNC that knew he was going to get fired when he didn't? 

No, but the admin knew, as did the boosters. Mock knew he was getting canned, now he's just putting on a show. The writing was on the wall, he didn't make the decision to redshirt Henderson, it came from higher up, so Scott could develop him and call him his own. I had a very interesting lunch today....

No, but the admin knew, as did the boosters. Mock knew he was getting canned, now he's just putting on a show. The writing was on the wall, he didn't make the decision to redshirt Henderson, it came from higher up, so Scott could develop him and call him his own. I had a very interesting lunch today....

You are very misinformed if you actually think Mock knew he was getting fired. 

He didn't know for sure, but there were plenty of signs I can guarantee that.  Ask him about the Henderson decision...

Do one of you also know if the Cubs are going to sweep Miami the the World Series this year? A Greys Sports Almanac I acquired a few years back from some willy teenage kid in a red vest seems to indicate it will happen but I have my doubts of its legitimacy.

Edited by MadMardigain

Do one of you also know if the Cubs are going to sweep Miami the the World Series this year? A Greys Sports Almanac I acquired a few years back from some willy teenage kid in a red vest seems to indicate it will happen but I have my doubts of its legitimacy.

Your book is suspect. Cubs and Miami are both in the NL and therefore cannot meet in the Series. Never trust a McFly.

CD Mock weighs in on why he thinks he was fired... and what he thinks of interim coach Coleman Scott:

http://www.examiner.com/article/ex-unc-wrestling-coach-cd-mock-issues-statement-about-his-firing

Mark

Guess you're very misinformed there Walter...now go back to the kids table and finish your dinner.

The guy I spoke to(current UNC wrestler) answered my question as to whether or not mock would be back with a definitive but discreet "no" ... Why or how hokie and I would make up the same story is beyond me, but to call people misinformed liars because they got a scoop you didn't is just foolish.

Guess you're very misinformed there Walter...now go back to the kids table and finish your dinner.

So because Mock wasnt surprised that he was fired I am wrong? I know for a fact that Mock didn't expect to be fired. I do not think anyone was surprised that he was fired. The fact that you are insinuating that he made his blog (that was about protecting his son's name) to make money is ridiculous. Lets talk about wrestling on this forum, not conspiracy theories. I thought you didn't want a pissing match... 

The guy I spoke to(current UNC wrestler) answered my question as to whether or not mock would be back with a definitive but discreet "no" ... Why or how hokie and I would make up the same story is beyond me, but to call people misinformed liars because they got a scoop you didn't is just foolish.

Ok he said he didn't think Mock would be back. Not that Mock would be fired. I am done with you trolls. 

wow, this is getting crazy. Hokiehwt if you really think that admins make the decisions to redshirt athletes you are absolutely out of your mind. Henderson is a MOCK recruit, and redshirted to provide him the best chance possible to win a national title nothing more and nothing less. They have the possibility to finish in the top if Henderson makes the finals and Ramos finishes in the top 5 and that may be pushing it. Scott has yet to develop anyone at UNC. Not saying that he hasn't helped the guys but the guys winning aren't his guys. we talk about this all the time with other coaches, give mock his due. 

I will agree with you that alumni and "boosters" have wanted mock out, but it was already in the works that next season would be his last. His firing is a surprise. It comes down to one man. The milwaukee tools guys is a very big part of this equation. And if Bubba is going to let money push him around, if I were in Scott's shoes I would be fearful that the same could happen to me. 

According to CD's blog Bubba has already promised the job to Coleman.  I do not know much about the laws associated with athletic departments at universities but it would seem to me that the job HAS to be opened to the public.  If word is out that Bubba promised it to Coleman, and the job must be opened up, it seems to me that Bubba would feel real pressured to get the best man in there for the job, which IMO is not Scott.  

Edited by stripedtshirt

I find the absence of the words "a national search will be conducted" from the press release to be an indication that Scott is their man.  Maybe not, but most statements to the media typically include this.

just catching up on comments now, it would be my guess that buck and jammen are whiny, pathetic butt-hurt nc state fans, since they are trolling and trying to say UNC is a very poor academic school.  That is rubbish.  There are two things going on, the athletic department had a scandal and some athletes cut too many corners on the rigor of their classes.  But overall, UNC remains a very strong academic institution that is very well-regarded by knowledgeable people.

So please disregard the whiny trolling of these two...