Sign in to follow this  
BigTimeFan

Sunday Senior WTT Trial Thread

Valencia really didn't show well. Not only did he lose by TF to Caldwell but he lost by 9 to Howe. Caldwell maybe doesn't wrestle well out of the championship bracket but he lost 7-0 to Sponseller. Did anyone see Howe-Valencia or Sponseller-Caldwell? 

I think Valencia made a gigantic error in entering the senior WTTs. He surely could have petitioned like Spencer Lee to wrestle in the juniors. He might have considered that first of all he is not eligible like Snyder and McKenna to challenge the winner of the junior WTTs for a spot (he's not a former medalist) and that even if he could get by Dake and Taylor his chances of getting by both of them and Burroughs we so low that he might as well have tried to make the junior team. What was the logic there? Or was it hubris?

i dont understand the griping about JB sitting out? were there no other guys sitting out?

all i understand about the griping is that the advantage goes against the gripers guy.

JB is a 3x, lets say that again, 3x world,olympic champ. I think he has proven himself.

in russia, yes, they dont sit out. but it also may not matter if they dont win it. wrestlers are SELECTED by the people in power. sometimes the wrestler doesn't even have to wrestle in the trials tourney.

Remember that the TV broadcast only gets you part of the action.  They do not show the entire event.  Need to stream it to get all the matches.

Yea, I know. Showing 6:30-8:00 on t.v. so hopefully I get most of the finals. One of my boys has a baseball playoff game at 6pm so I can't watch the live stream.

Edited by Flying-Tiger

For what it's worth - is anyone entirely sure that Tsargush is not wrestling at Worlds?  I know that he didn't win Russian Nationals, but Russian Nationals is not always totally indicative of what team member Russia sends to the World tournament (as GockeS mentioned.)  Do we have confirmation that Tsargush isn't wrestling at Worlds?  Wondering if Russia learned from 2013 when they sent Khubezhty instead of Tsargush and it didn't work out so well for them.