Sign in to follow this  
BigTimeFan

Sunday Senior WTT Trial Thread

Metcalf! Ä° missed the end however. How did Oliver get 4?

Oliver was driving Metcalf towards the edge and Metcalf was too stubborn to just give up 1, so he attempted a failed chest lock throw and gave up four by going to his back

The better wrestlers have won all three.

Not always. The odds of winning if you have a bye are close to guaranteed. Someone winning coming through the mini-tourney happen once every two years. So every 14 finals someone does it. It is a huge advantage.  

I'm not grumpy. I'm pissed off because Dake was robbed. And he was a man about it. Shook his head and moved on. Meanwhile I'm here bitching about it. 

How was Dake robbed? JB initiated the move. He remained parallel to the mat while Dake exposed his back.

Edited by greco_gilligan

Oliver totally fails at the 'acting' game.  Two handed shoves, wrestling on knees.  Idiot.  Could have had Metcalf on the shot clock in the 2nd and totally screwed himself.  

Oliver a punk with these cheap shots.  I like him too but what a punk

Not always. The odds of winning if you have a bye are close to guaranteed. Someone winning coming through the mini-tourney happen once every two years. So every 14 finals someone does it. It is a huge advantage.  

Which matchup of the first 4 men's freestyle matches tonight saw the inferior wrestler win? 

It's not like they randomly give guys byes to the finals. I mean, Metcalf actually beat JO last month. So there's a good case that he's actually just better.  

How was Dake robbed? JB initiated the move. He remained parallel to the mat while Dake exposed his back.

Dake stopped Burrough's action with double underhooks, redirected his motion and initiated his own move - his throw attempt.  The move that scored Burroughs 4 sure didnt' look like Burroughs's action to me..

Edited by supyall46

Ok, so we've gone through the first set of matches and NBC hasn't even started broadcasting, is that about right? Love this sport.

NBC Sports needs to get with it. The delayed broadcast start makes no sense, and it threw me off as well.