Sign in to follow this  
BigTimeFan

Sunday Senior WTT Trial Thread

He's great but there's no way I'm giving him the edge over Jordan.  He just had to defeat an NCAA All-American, an NCAA Champ, and a 2x NCAA Champ and Hodge Trophy winner just to get the right to wrestle Jordan.  Now he has to wrestle JB, three time world champ, hasn't had to wrestle a match today, fresh out of the gate, and beat him - twice.  After that ridiculous tournament?  Sorry, but it's almost physically impossible.  It's sad but the system is stacked against Dake and it sucks for KD.

JO - Stieber was great and damn they both look good. I would really love to see JO pass Medcalf. Better in the long run for USA wrestling. The guy is much more athletic and much more dynamic.

How is it better in the long term? Oliver has already stated he is bolting for MMA after the Olympics. 

JO - Stieber was great and damn they both look good. I would really love to see JO pass Medcalf. Better in the long run for USA wrestling. The guy is much more athletic and much more dynamic.

Dynamic? Give me a break. Bottom line Metcalf is the better wrestler. Unless you are an Iowa hater or big fan of JO don't see why you would want the worse wrestler to represent the US. 

JO in 1 match maybe. JO in  best of 3 matches in a couple hours. I don't think so.  

Edited by OtisCampbell

Taylor should go to Kyle's "nutritionist" and bump up to the next weight

Not trying to dump on DT, but it really does make one wonder what Taylor's future plans are. Obviously a talent, but with Burroughs still active and Dake roaring back in fine form, and actually looking more dominant v Taylor than in previous matches, Taylor's chances at World/Olympic teams don't look all that great for the foreseeable future.

Breaking away from the potshots at other teams clubs Dan Dennis had a pretty awesome quote about the end of his match. When asked if he would've won on criteria if it was 4-4: "Hell if I know. I still don't know. Coaches said no. (Maple's) corner was screaming like he's gotta go and I'm thinking he's losing. Then he's coming at me like a bat out of hell and I hear I'm losing. It was like, *bleep*, I might as well score the last takedown and not let the score be even."

Good strategy out of Dennis there.

Lol I'm not going to rag on ramos, I hope he does well and gets a medal for himself and the us. He's still not as good a wrestler as stieber and is at our weakest weight. And why would I care about taylor losing to dake? I was rooting for dake, but good try attempting to peg me as a penn state fan.