Sign in to follow this  
BigTimeFan

Sunday Senior WTT Trial Thread

Awesome win for Dake, obviously I was rooting for Taylor. The better guy won. Period. That is a good thing though, we want to see who the best guy is to represent us for the USA. Him and Burroughs should be some good matches.

Phish it's better in the long run because we need to break the logjam now. JO is a better medal contender in my view and he benefits this year from world championships experience and then does better in 2016 whether or not after hay he goes to MMA.

JO wrestles 2 close matches to Stieber and Kennedy, 2 guys Metcalf probably handles easily, and you think he has a better shot at medalling at Worlds?  

There is just no evidence that JO is better at any level than Metcalf.  Athletically, Dynamically or as an actual wrestler.  

The one thing I think makes no sense is having best of three on the same day. I mean why not give the guys a break. Have the tournament over three days and have the best of three one day after the mini tournament. This isn't much more costly and would even things a bit.

also the the steroids comments are pathetic. not funny as a troll either. some folks on this board are really starting to lose it.

also the the steroids comments are pathetic. not funny as a troll either. some folks on this board are really starting to lose it.

I know a guy who can get Rutgers to 7th place in the conference. His stuff is that good.

It is pretty funny that Metcalf gets pegged as this slow un-athletic plodder. Pretty sure I watched him execute a cartwheel on his head to follow a Bubba Jenkins roll in college and still kept with him and came around behind with control. That is pretty athletic. Metcalf may not shoot blast doubles or hit nifty duck unders but that does not mean he is un-athletic.

The one thing I think makes no sense is having best of three on the same day. I mean why not give the guys a break. Have the tournament over three days and have the best of three one day after the mini tournament. This isn't much more costly and would even things a bit.

Ha.  Is this JO? They rattle some matches off pretty fast at Worlds.  I think it makes a lot of sense.  

Straggler, they have different formats so no.

Our system isn't the most conducive to sending the best wrestler. And just to clarify I think Borroughs is the clear No. 1. But it is tough enough to beat him without the deck being so needlessly stacked. 

Edited by straggler