Sign in to follow this  
wrestlingphish

Kilgore should be booted

That was pure domination basically that pissed Kilgore off. Nothing wrong with going for the fall after the 4 point throw. It appears Varner is wrestling with that fire many of us were accusing him of not having. Totally BS from Kilgore trying to start a fight. 

Edited by PRyan2012

Hate how wrestlers can pull this crap without any repercussions.  Winning, competing hard, it's all important - but when it comes down to it, good sportsmanship comes before everything.  These guys are our world level athletes and should be held to higher expectations, not lower ones.

i was pretty critical of kilgore on the call of the match and i tweeted him an apology. the view from the other side showed varner was using a fish hook, instead of being on the chin. that's what upset kilgore.

i was pretty critical of kilgore on the call of the match and i tweeted him an apology. the view from the other side showed varner was using a fish hook, instead of being on the chin. that's what upset kilgore.

I'm surprised more of you didn't see Kilgore make a motion to his mouth after they got up to get their hands raised.  I thought it was pretty bush league too until I saw him motion to his mouth to the ref and then drop the "F" bombs.  Immediately I knew Varner had to have done something pretty cheap to get a reaction like that.  I also think that's why Varner didn't react after taking those shots.  

Those of you that wanted Kilgore punished by USA Wrestling...do you feel the same about them going after Varner, or is that "just wrestling"?

I'm surprised more of you didn't see Kilgore make a motion to his mouth after they got up to get their hands raised.  I thought it was pretty bush league too until I saw him motion to his mouth to the ref and then drop the "F" bombs.  Immediately I knew Varner had to have done something pretty cheap to get a reaction like that.  I also think that's why Varner didn't react after taking those shots.  

Those of you that wanted Kilgore punished by USA Wrestling...do you feel the same about them going after Varner, or is that "just wrestling"?

International refs never get too concerned about punches being thrown. Most I've ever seen from it is a point which was irrelevant at this point. I wonder if the hook was intentional. I can't remember varner ever being a dirty wrestler, so maybe it was an honest mistake?

International refs never get too concerned about punches being thrown. Most I've ever seen from it is a point which was irrelevant at this point. I wonder if the hook was intentional. I can't remember varner ever being a dirty wrestler, so maybe it was an honest mistake?

I think they are getting concerned now. It was not punches, but some hard slaps and a headbutt (and it was from close, not that hard) disqualified both Kinchegashvili (one of the favorites to win the 57kg in the European Games) and Andreyeu in the semifinals match, two days ago.

That was 100 percent intentional. Embarrassing for nlwc and far beneath an Olympic champion. It would be great to see Kilgore get him back.

Kilgore isn't gonna be getting anyone back on a wrestling mat. Those punches when Varner wasn't looking are the best he'll get. He has been getting rag-dolled by the top guys at 213.