Sign in to follow this  
wrestlingnerd

David Taylor...

... is an awesome sportsman. .

Honestly, I would've forgiven him if we would've swung at Dake given their history. He pats him in the back and shakes his hand like a man.

I know there are going to be tons of threads commenting on the wrestling but I had to get this out there.

Why would he take a swing? This was perhaps Dake's most dominant win over DT. Nothing remotely dirty or chippy.

Time for DT to take a step back and evlauate things. Next year is an Olypmic year and at best he is the 3rd best guy at his weight --- with a significant gap between himself and the top 2.

I think it is clear that he is not closing that gap following the same course.  Maybe its time to join a different club?  If not, he needs to re-think his approach.

I'm rooting for the guy, but he has to be getting really discouraged after today...And a loss to Howe tonight will only make it worse.

... is an awesome sportsman. .

Honestly, I would've forgiven him if we would've swung at Dake given their history. He pats him in the back and shakes his hand like a man.

I know there are going to be tons of threads commenting on the wrestling but I had to get this out there.

I would have been shocked if anyone took a swing in that situation. This was about as straight up a win as your going to see at this level. If anything Dake could have teched him if he hadn't (wisely) gone conservative at the end when he gave up the two.

If you want to give out passes on swings I'd be handing them to Reader (vs Ruth) or Howe vs Dake or even Massa vs Marstellar. Just kidding with you but any frustration Taylor was feeling would have been wrong to send up Dake's way. 

Taylor is a straight up stud and from what I see, a great guy.   I'd be proud to have my son emulate him.  Seems like a pure class act.  Thanks for this post wrestling nerd.   Love the guy.