Sign in to follow this  
VakAttack

Predictions for tonight

Dake gsve Burroughs all he wanted two years ago after an epic match with Howe. I predict it goes all three matches. Dake is as mentally tough as there is. However, until proven otherwise I pick Burroughs.

Humphrey, Metcalf, and Snyder in the other weights are my picks.

I'm going

Hump

Mercalf

JB

Varner.

But I'm going out on a different limb and predicting that one of JB or Varner will go three matches maybe both.

I think Varner was actually scoring and that's going to be al the difference. If you put a gun to my head I say Dake wins match one and then JB wins the next two in a version of his coming back at the end of matches. Of Varner reverts to his U.S. open self he's toast.

I'm also going to go with Dake. I think the Greco training helps him and it shows. Also, his defense is just unbelievable right now.

My mind says JB, my heart says KD because he keeps surpassing everyone's expectations no matter what happens to him. I'm going with my heart.

Hump Nasty

Metcalf

DAKE

Snyder

Please Snyder. Pull through. Make Varner hang 'em up. Please.

Edited by wrestlingnerd

Well I think it's Hump, Metcalf ( hopefully ), JB, and I'm good with either Jake or Kyle. I was worried that somehow JD Bergman would win this and make the team. IMO JD is just incapable of winning a medal at the World's, & we would be just throwing away a weight class.

wrestlingnerd: hasn't JB been training with Andy Bisek, though? Not that it necessarily negates Dake's greco knowledge...

My picks:

Dennis

Metcalf

Burroughs

Varner

Anthony

Maroulis

Page

Pirozhkova

He may have had a few goes with Bisek but he hasn't changed his style one iota. Dake came back new and improved after three injuries. It's unbelievable. He may not beat JB tonight but I'm never doubting him again after today. He completely controlled DT and did some stuff I've never seen him do before in the process. Beyond impressive. Training for Dake is like trying to hit a moving target.

Well, I don't think we've seen the effects of JB's greco training outside of an exhibition match at BTS. But yes, Dake's training and improvement is incredible indeed. It feels like we have yet to see his peak.

I say Oliver gets at least 1 -- and might pull it off.  Leg looked OK.  We will see how it holds for 2-3 more bouts after a couple hour layoff.  I suspect he is speding his break on a stationary bike.

Hump in 2.

JB in 3

Snyder in 3

I'm guiltily hoping Metcalf makes it because I kind of like seeing him bomb at the world championships and the buzz around him before and after. He's kind of like England at the world cup. You just know it's not going to go well. 

Edited by Shiraz123