Sign in to follow this  
Katie

I enjoyed the Taylor-and-Dake-are-as-good-as-Burroughs era

In a folk match, especially at the same age, Dake is better, Now in the WTT with the physical advantage he gets Borroughs can score fast and get quick points. At the Worlds he wont get that advantage and if Tsargush goes he won't beat him.  

Edited by straggler

In a folk match, especially at the same age, Dake is better, Now in the WTT with the physical advantage he gets Borroughs can score fast and get quick points. At the Worlds he wont get that advantage and if Tsargush goes he won't beat him.  

You edited that?  What a douche.  

It was fun.

Can't wait to read about how the finals matches would have been scored under judo rules.

Katie,

You're right. Dake got ripped off and would school Burroughs in a folkstyle match where you need control to score and get penalized for jumping the gun. I'm glad there's another Dake fan on these boards!

GO KD!

Edited by GranbyTroll

Fwiw in the past 7 years Tsargush has lost to Musa Murtazaliev, Dake, JBx2, Khubetzky, a Venezuelan, and that Russisn this year. Pretty sure Burroughs has beaten all of them.

Don't get me wrong, Tsargush is great. He's also crapped the bed several times.

Armspin dont ever get nervous around JB he just knows how to win..I never doubted him for one second

Katie,

You're right. Dake got ripped off and would school Burroughs in a folkstyle match where you need control to score and get penalized for jumping the gun. I'm glad there's another Dake fan on these boards!

GO KD

Pathetic. Folkstyle is over for Dake and Burroughs and neither of them will ever lose or win a folkstyle match ever again. If that's how you cope with Dake getting swept up then fine but please  admit that it entirely does not matter. 

Guest Kingsland

Pathetic. Folkstyle is over for Dake and Burroughs and neither of them will ever lose or win a folkstyle match ever again. If that's how you cope with Dake getting swept up then fine but please admit that it entirely does not matter.

His name literally has "troll" in it. You're playing right into his hands.

I've represented the USA at 74kg, with the utmost class, respect, and dominance since 2011. Shame on anyone who rooted against me today.

https://twitter.com/alliseeisgold/status/610270749144809474

In the second match they shake hands and the ref is still in the process of blowing the whistle. As the ref is still in the process of first blowing the whistle and as Dake is pulling his hand back from shaking hands Burroughs jumps the gun and already shots and has a hand on Dake's ankle as the whistle is blowing. Defend yourself at all times and all, but should I feel shame at pointing out that he jumped the gun, which he has a history of (see the Jordan Leen match)? 

Straggler, that's not how I see it. Ref blows the whistle you can hear it at 5:33 of the link below. JB doesn't move till after the whilstle blows. But one second later at 5:34 he is on his knees with his right hand hooked onto Dake's right heel. If you stop it right at 5:34 you can see Dake is overextended and completely flat footed. JB's move was no doubt fast but happened after the whistle. And the reason he got the TD was because Dake was heavy on his right foot and JB snagged it.

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/252179-2015-World-Team-Trials/video/772312-74kg-Finals-Jordan-Burroughs-Sunkist-Kids-Wrestling-Club-vs-Kyle-Dake-Titan-Mercury-Wrestling-Club#.VX6okRNViko

The only point I will make is the qualifying system is antiquated in my mind, but.....

Dake could've chosen to wrestle in the US Open and didn't.

Tough to knock off someone of JB's caliber after taking out Sponseller, Howe, and Taylor.

I doubt Kyle would offer any excuses.

Straggler, that's not how I see it. Ref blows the whistle you can hear it at 5:33 of the link below. JB doesn't move till after the whilstle blows. But one second later at 5:34 he is on his knees with his right hand hooked onto Dake's right heel. If you stop it right at 5:34 you can see Dake is overextended and completely flat footed. JB's move was no doubt fast but happened after the whistle. And the reason he got the TD was because Dake was heavy on his right foot and JB snagged it.

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/252179-2015-World-Team-Trials/video/772312-74kg-Finals-Jordan-Burroughs-Sunkist-Kids-Wrestling-Club-vs-Kyle-Dake-Titan-Mercury-Wrestling-Club#.VX6okRNViko

I stopped the video a bunch of times to get the fairest picture of it. He is in motion a split second after shaking hands and as the whistle is blowing. He is moving on the whistle and at the hand shake. It was a borderline, Floyd Mayweather-esque move. Maybe Dake is flat footed because he doesn't expect Burroughs to jump the gun. He is doing it against a fatigued opponent in his fifth match of the day. It appeared to be premeditated for that very reason. [Arguably] Nothing illegal, but not praiseworthy either. Burroughs has a history of doing this.

And as an addendum, they shake hands at 5:33, Jordan shoots a split second after at 5:33 and has his ankle at 5:33 while the whistle is still sounding. Like I said, borderline cheap shot.

As a second addendum, the whistle sounded at 5:34. So if you stop the video he shot and had his ankle a few split seconds before the whistle sounded. He was in motion before the whistle. Of course starting too quickly warrants a caution under the rules. It arguably was illegal.

Burroughs is a great wrestler who has already had an historic career, but he is not above criticism. 

Edited by straggler

I stopped the video a bunch of times to get the fairest picture of it. He is in motion a split second after shaking hands and as the whistle is blowing. He is moving on the whistle and at the hand shake. It was a borderline, Floyd Mayweather-esque move. Maybe Dake is flat footed because he doesn't expect Burroughs to jump the gun. He is doing it against a fatigued opponent in his fifth match of the day. It appeared to be premeditated for that very reason. [Arguably] Nothing illegal, but not praiseworthy either. Burroughs has a history of doing this.

And as an addendum, they shake hands at 5:33, Jordan shoots a split second after at 5:33 and has his ankle at 5:33 while the whistle is still sounding. Like I said, borderline cheap shot.

As a second addendum, the whistle sounded at 5:34. So if you stop the video he shot and had his ankle a few split seconds before the whistle sounded. He was in motion before the whistle. Of course starting too quickly warrants a caution under the rules. It arguably was illegal.

Burroughs is a great wrestler who has already had an historic career, but he is not above criticism.

Lol are you seriously criticizing Burroughs for trying to get the quickest possible jump off the whistle? If it was before the whistle (which it didn't seem to be IMO), then it's the ref's fault for not calling it. "Cheap shot"?!?...give me a break. That's like saying it's a "cheap shot" when a D-Lineman jumps the snap and the refs fail to call offsides.

there should be an NIT type event before the worlds for all the awesome wrestlers than are stuck behind team mates. So much talent being left home in Russia, Iran and the US. and not an exhibition, we need cash prizes. 

probably can't do a round robin though if it's multiple guys from the same country.