Sign in to follow this  
thefatman

Marable missing weight

What's everyone think about Marable missing weight(some reports of 8lbs over)...err getting "injured" then has the option of wrestling the winner of WTT?

CP and Willie put him on blast today!!

Edited by thefatman

I am shocked that they do not make someone weigh in if there is an injury waiver.  It is an easy way out if you don't make weight. 

That being said,  I have to think Green is happier going up against Marable after resting, and not the 4th/5h/6th matches of the day.  I have to think Dake could have wrestled JB closer if they both were fresh. 

One thing for sure is Sammy Henson will do anything (even if its borderline unethical or against the spirit of the rules) to give his competitor an advantage. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Marable realized he wasn't going to make it and then got "hurt". Not saying Sammy is encouraging guys to use PEDs or anything like that but if there is a rule that can be exploited he will exploit it.

Edited by wrestlingphish

Really hope green wins. Even if he was injured I don't think marable should get a challenge. If he wasn't ready for whatever reason it's nobody elses fault but his own. Why should Green need to be ready on 2 seperate occasions and do two best of 3 series for the spot? We have a really exciting world team this year, I really want it to stay that way...

Injury provisions should be done 48 hours in advance so that the participants know ahead of time. There have been plenty of special wrestle-offs for injuries so it's not an issue as long as the participants know.

I am shocked that they do not make someone weigh in if there is an injury waiver. It is an easy way out if you don't make weight.

That being said, I have to think Green is happier going up against Marable after resting, and not the 4th/5h/6th matches of the day. I have to think Dake could have wrestled JB closer if they both were fresh.

Totally agree which is why I think the injury thing has more legitimacy to me than to what looks like an increasing number of posters. If I'm Marable, I want to wrestle off after the guy has had 3 matches and I've had none.

If a doctor says he is hurt then you have to respect that, imo.  That said, if you are going through a cut like that, and you walk into a doctors office, any physician who takes his oath seriously is going to say you absolutely have no business competing athletically just from dehydration alone.  What's the big deal with giving Marable a special wrestle off?  Make them coincide with the Fargo Finals (this has happened before), and we will all get to watch a great series between him and a fresh Green. 

On a side note:  We should have Mat-side weigh ins at all levels.  That will stop this absurd weight dropping once and for all.

Totally agree which is why I think the injury thing has more legitimacy to me than to what looks like an increasing number of posters. If I'm Marable, I want to wrestle off after the guy has had 3 matches and I've had none.

The argument here is that Marable wasn't making weight, so he's claiming injury now. He wasn't goi g to be wrestling Green on Sunday no matter what, weight or injury.

Just my personal opinion, but I don't like these "special circumstance" situations.  How much leeway do you give before you lose credibility?  I still have a bad taste all these years later after the Leroy Smith/Randy Lewis deal.  If you are injured/way overweight/not ready when the whistle blows/whatever, the show must go on.

I wouldn't mind seeing 48hours before weigh-ins being the cut off for applying for the waiver due to injury. Other than a freak accident I couldn't really see someone doing enough major activity to get injured two days out from the event. Applying the day of or even a day out does leave more room for speculationsin general on how much the weight cut was a factor.

In 2000 Gutches had something similar happen, he'd won the open but wasn't able to compete at the trials because of a back injury.  He faced the winner of the trials, Burton, and lost to him in the best of 3.  It's not always an advantage.