Sign in to follow this  
armspin

Ruth vs Herbert

Just watched it... Made me sad. I know Ruth has to go through the mini tournament and I know Herbert is really good... But still. No one as good as Ruth supposedly is should be getting picked up over and over again with that sweep shot, and then cranked over on top if that.

Mma training or not, Ruth shouldn't be looking this bad. Wasn't long ago he was competing with and even beating great wrestlers. Now...

Also did the refs seriously give Ruth a point for getting doubled out of bounds in match 1? Even Ed couldn't believe it.

Just watched it... Made me sad. I know Ruth has to go through the mini tournament and I know Herbert is really good... But still. No one as good as Ruth supposedly is should be getting picked up over and over again with that sweep shot, and then cranked over on top if that.

Mma training or not, Ruth shouldn't be looking this bad. Wasn't long ago he was competing with and even beating great wrestlers. Now...

Also did the refs seriously give Ruth a point for getting doubled out of bounds in match 1? Even Ed couldn't believe it.

To be fair, he wrestled very well in the mini tourny. Just got outclassed in the finals.

I don't think Herbert got hosed but it was a close match under crappy rules.

Herbert is really good, no shame in losing to him,

it's just the sloppiness that gets me. Same thing in the mini tournament Ruth gave up about 15 points on a chest lock. He's better than that, or at least could be.

Ruth can get sloppy and still get away with winning against 99% of the guys he wrestles.  Currently Herbert seems to be in that 1% that has Ruth's number.  Not easy to do but that tells you how good Herbert is.  I think Ruth has more talent but leaving Nittany Lion hasn't seemed to have improved his wrestling yet.  I still say Ruth is our best guy when he's on (look what he did to Salas).  Real question is, could Cael still be the guy if he wanted to?

Edited by LongShot

I don't think so

Not at 86kg, too big of a cut.  I bet he'd be about even with Varner and Snyder in practice, but hard to conclude he'd beat them in a match setting given how much more of a toll it would take to train full time.