Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Fish

Reports from CO Springs

So I believe most of the top guys are training at CO Springs for a week or so now.  Would love to get some reports on how things are going.  Kind of like we get in other sports during training camp, Spring training etc..

I imagine this is a pipe dream but with the training occurring at the same location as USA Wrestling HQ, you would think there would be some converage.

Who showed up?  Injuries?  Who looks good?  Who doesn't?  Who is sparring together?  Who is crossing over (Greg FS during workouts?  Any scraps?  Who is wrestling guys up at weight class at times?

Edited by Angry_Fish

USA wrestling's HQ is not at the same location. It's in the same city, but USAWs offices are not at the OTC. access to the OTC is also much stricter than it was when I worked there 3 years ago.

flo has been at the OTC for training camps since about 2008 and USAW has routinely put out videos and training shorts from these camps for all 3 styles.

Edited by JasonBryant

Great stuff Willie! I stayed up way too late last night watching all these live go's and situations. Great match-ups.

Nathan Tomasello looks sharp.

I didn't see Kyle Dake in any of the videos. Is he not there? Hurt? I know he was limping a bit in match 2 with Burroughs at the trials.

haha. NATO did get a rolling start a few times.

one thing i didn't put in the notes that i should (and will) was those who were absent - Dake, JO, Marable, etc.

Thanks WIllie....

Is JO not there at all or just not wrestling there (knee)?  I ask b/c his Twitter feed suggests he was on his way there (or already there).

For those who are not there, the 3 you mention in particular + Ruth/Kennedy/Russell, would love any insights as to why they are not there.  I realize you may not know, but if you do, that would be interesting reading.

Also, would love a report on on the guys headed to Spain.  Who all is going?  Streaming, dates/times of competition.  Anything like that...

Read something saying Maple is bumping to 65kg.  True?

Another potential story someday...Pico...Some have speculated (me include) that it will be tough for him to stay at 65 and make the weight. How tough is the cut for him now?

Thanks a lot WIllie.  Your efforts are apprecaited.

Read something saying Maple is bumping to 65kg.  True?

Maple was on this week's episode of Takedown Radio and if I remember right he said that he is bumping. The link has the podcast of the show so you can listen

http://takedownwrestle.com/radio/takedown-radio-tdr946/

Also, would love a report on on the guys headed to Spain. Who all is going? Streaming, dates/times of competition. Anything like that...

The Grand Prix in Spain is July 11-12th. WIth the Pan Am Games taking place three days after the Grand Prix, It's safe to assume that Ramos, Metcalf, JB, Herbert, Snyder, and Tervel will not be heading to Spain.

Edited by hawktalk3

Are all the #1 guys going to Pan Ams?

I am pretty sure.

Snyder said so on Flo's podcast, and both Ramos and Metcalf have confirmed that they are going.

EDIT: 61 and 70 are not contested at the games, so technically not all our #1 guys

Edited by hawktalk3

Doubt it happens but it would be cool if JB let Green go 74. Burroughs has wrestled Lopez 2x already. Would be nice to see what Green can do.

BTW anyone know how JB and Green do in training matches? Is it competitive?

Doubt it happens but it would be cool if JB let Green go 74. Burroughs has wrestled Lopez 2x already. Would be nice to see what Green can do.

Yeah, and it kind of wouldn't be fair to our national team wrestlers Dake and Taylor, who have earned second/third chance to back JB up at 74 kg.